Equipment Orientation - Orientations are an educational tool to assist members in implementing safe and effective exercise programs at The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center.
Fitness Assessment & Health Profile-$30-Follow-up Assessment FREE.* The Fitness Assessment is a valuable tool for evaluating and designing your exercise program. Your Certified Personal Trainer will use your results to identify your current fitness level and determine your exercise program focus. These are done by appointment, so please register at the Registration Desk. Your Fitness Assessment will consist of the following:
- RestingHeart Rate, maximum Heart Rate
- Target Heart Rate
- Body Composition
- Circumference measurements
- Muscular Strength Assessment
- VO2 Max
- Mascular Endurance Assessment
- Flexibility Assessment
- Height and Weight
* Free follow-up assessment is included when purchasing an initial assessment. Must be scheduled within 6 months of first assessment. For addidtional information or to schedule a Fitness Assessment or Personal Training session callthe Fitness and Wellness Manager at 708-390-2344.
As a Fitness Center Member, you will have access to the following services and programs:
- More than 50 pieces of cardio equipment including Life Fitness, Matrix, Cybex and Precor treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, rowers and stair climbers. Strength training equipment ranges from a complete line of Cybex Eagle selectorized equipment to a dedicated free weight area that includes Hammer Strength Plate loaded equipment, and Free Motion and Life Fitness Cable motion equipment with over two tons of lcarian free weights!
- Large screen televisions and Fitness Cinema audio system.
- Locker rooms with free towel service, soap & shampoo, hair dryers, and individual shower stalls. Padlocks for lockers may be purchased at the Registration Desk or members may bring their own.
- Unlimited access to Group Exercise classes, except where otherwise noted. Refer to Group Exercise guidelines and schedule information.
- Access to scheduled open gym. Refer to Open Gym guidelines and schedule information.
Fitness center members already possess the motivation and desire to improve their health and fitness...now they can gain the knowledge and direction to make their goals achievable. The Personal Training staff at The Oaks creates personalized exercise programs based upon your health history, your current diet, and your lifestyle.
- Our trainers will coach, challenge and encourage your efforts for better health and fitness. The trainers will help you break through plateaus and help vary your routine to assist you in reaching the next level of fitness.
- Our trainers will assure that you are safely and effectively performing exercises suitable for your age, fitness level, physical limitations and desired fitness goals.
For additional information or to schedule a Personal Training session, call our Registration Desk at 708-390-2343.
Gift certificates are available at the Registration Desk and are good towards the purchase of a Fitness Center membership or programs and services. Great gift ideas for birthdays, holidays or any occasion!
2012 HOLIDAY HOURS
Thursday, Nov. 22 - Thanksgiving Day - 5:00-11:00 a.m.
Monday, Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve - 5:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 25 - Christmas Day - CLOSED
Monday, Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve - 5:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 1, 2011 - New Year's Day - CLOSED