News Release Re: Consolidated Election
Re-opening the Oaks
The Oaks is now open!
What we have done to keep you safe:
- HVAC units were cleaned and sanitized. An air purification system with disinfecting UV light was installed on the HVAC units.
- The entire building was deep cleaned by a professional service.
- Plexiglass shields were installed at the front desk and the fitness desk.
- The fitness floor was re-arranged to allow for more space between equipment and we have added additional “Sanitation Stations” in the fitness center for member use.
What will be different:
- Facility hours are: Monday-Friday 5am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. These hours may be adjusted based on attendance.
- All members must scan their card at the front desk, even to check in for group exercise classes. If you do not have a card, please see the front desk.
- The Acorn room (child care) will not be available at this time.
- Drinking fountains will be bottle fill only.
- Masks must be worn, except when you are doing physical activity (i.e. during class check in, entering/exiting the facility, etc)
- We ask that you do not congregate in groups within the facility. Please remain 6 feet apart.
- Open gym will be limited to members only
- Walking track will be limited to members and residents only. Beginning Monday, August 10, non-residents may use the walking track for a daily fee of $3.
- The walking track will have the middle lane closed. It will be for walking only and masks are highly encouraged. Walkers must stay 6 feet apart on the track unless you are walking with members of your immediate household.
- We ask that members continue to be courteous of others and spread out as much as possible while using equipment.
- Although locker rooms will be open, members are encouraged to limit its use. Showers will be cleaned regularly.
We are committed to offering a safe workout facility and providing the best customer service.
Please keep in mind that guidelines may change as the situation evolves, and we will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate the parameters that have been put into place from the Governor’s Office, Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. We welcome you back!
Status of Park District Phase 4
On June 26th, the State of Illinois entered into Phase 4 – Revitalization, of the Restore Illinois plan. So – What is open at the Park District?
Tennis, Pickleball, Outdoor Basketball Courts, Sand Volleyball Courts, Skatepark, Disc Golf Course, Park ‘n Bark Dog Park, Community Gardens, Trails, and Open Green Space are Open! Maintain social distancing, gathering of groups of more than 50 is strictly prohibited, users should wash their hands thoroughly and often and face coverings are encouraged. Use alternating courts.
Sports Fields – Available for practices, drills, and competitive games (depending on the sport). Any organized sports leagues or user groups MUST reserve the field through the park district prior to use and follow all safety guidelines.
Playgrounds are open. Equipment is not sanitized. Use at your own risk. Hand sanitizer is recommended after use.
The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center – the Oaks Fitness Center is open. Initially, Child Care will not be available.
The Walking Track is currently open. Residents must have ID. Non-residents may also use the walking track for a daily fee of $3. If you have an unused punch card, please bring in and we will update it for you.
Open Gym will be available to members of the Oaks Fitness Center only. Check out all of the opening details here: https://www.mokenapark.com/oaks/default.aspx
Please note the following important information about the Walking Track:
- We have a new check in system. Every resident will need to show proof of residency and receive a new walking track card. Every resident must scan before heading to the track. This will be good for 1 year. After the year, residency must be provided again. Non-residents MUST stop at the Front Desk, sign in, and pay daily fee.
- Face coverings are required while you are in the building. Although wearing a mask while you are walking on the track is highly recommended, since it is physical activity, you have the option.
- The track will be for walking only. The middle lane is currently closed. Participants are to stay six feet apart unless you are in the same household.
- Lockers will not be available for use but the coat rack will be available.
- No gathering in groups in the building.
A variety of programs are now or will soon be available! https://secure.rec1.com/…/mokena-community-park-dis…/catalog
The Splash Pad is closed for the season.