Due to the Shelter-in-place directive issued by Governor Pritzker on Friday, March 20, 2020, closure of Mokena Community Park District has been extended through April 7.
At this time, ALL park district facilities (indoor AND outdoor) with the exception of walking trails, are closed. If you choose to utilize the walking trails, please heed CDC recommendations regarding social distancing and stay a minimum of 6 feet away from those who do not live in your household.
The Oaks Recreation and Fitness Center will re-open at the regular time on Wednesday, April 8. Information on individual programs due to start or be in session that week will be emailed to participants.
Preschool will resume the week of April 13.
This is a constantly evolving and complex situation. Please check back often for updates.
Please direct all concerns to email@example.com. A staff member will be in touch with you to respond to your concern.
Please do your best to minimize physical contact with others. Take proper precautions when in public.
Stay safe, stay calm, stay healthy - and we'll see you all soon!
Visit our Home But Not Alone webpages for News, Information, Things to Do, Activities and more for all Ages, and our Facebook page Home But Not Alone for exercise and workout videos from the Instructors at The Oaks.
Concerts in the Park Series - CANCELLED
Unfortunately the annual music & movies series was canceled this summer due to Covid-19.
Luckily...we have some fun socially distanced movies planned for this summer! Join us for drive-in movies this July & August. There will be limited spaces available so if you would like to guarantee your spot, you must pre-register online at mokenapark.com. Registration will open online on Thursday, June 25th for residents, and Thursday, July 2nd for non-residents. If you do not pre-register and show up the evening of the movie we can not guarantee that there will be any open spots available. All cars will be able to hear the movie through an FM radio station, the station will be announced at the movie previews.
Movies will begin at 8:15pm or dusk. In order to operate the screen correctly we will need it to be as dark as possible before starting the movie. The parking lot will open at 7:30pm, for contactless check-in.
July 9th- Aladdin (live action) - SOLD OUT
July 16th - Abominable - SOLD OUT
July 23rd- Secret Life of Pets 2 - SOLD OUT
July 30th- Frozen 2 - SOLD OUT
August 6th- Little Rascals
August 13th- Toy Story 4 - SOLD OUT
- social distancing is required, please stay 6 ft away from others
- Masks are required if you leave your vehicle for any reason
- Portable restrooms will be available with sanitizer stations inside
- Please respect the line marking for restrooms
- Only park where you are instructed as spots will be labeled to comply with social distancing.
- NO REFUNDS unless the movie is canceled by the Park District
Status of Park District Phase 4
On June 26th, the State of Illinois entered into Phase 4 – Revitalization, of the Restore Illinois plan. So – What will be open at the Park District?
Tennis, Pickleball, Outdoor Basketball Courts, Sand Volleyball Courts, Skatepark, Disc Golf Course, Park ‘n Bark Dog Park, Community Gardens, Trails, and Open Green Space are Open! Maintain social distancing, gathering of groups of more than 50 is strictly prohibited, users should wash their hands thoroughly and often and face coverings are encouraged. Use alternating courts.
Sports Fields – Available for practices, drills, and competitive games. Any organized sports leagues or user groups MUST reserve the field through the park district prior to use and follow all safety guidelines.
Playgrounds are open. Equipment is not cleaned. Use at your own risk. Hand sanitizer is recommended after use.
The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center – the Oaks Fitness Center will re-open on Monday, June 29. Initially, Child Care will not be available. Open Gym and the Walking Track will be available to members of the Oaks Fitness Center only through Sunday July 5. Check out all of the opening details here: https://www.mokenapark.com/oaks/default.aspx
Walking Track at the Oaks
Staff have been monitoring the attendance at The Oaks Recreation and Fitness Center. We are confident we can safely allow residents to use the walking track while staying below our mandated capacity totals. This will start on Monday, July 6. We will continue to monitor capacity and will add non-resident usage when we are able.
Please note the following important information:
- We have a new check in system. Every resident will need to show proof of residency and receive a new walking track card. Every person must scan before heading to the track. This will be good for 1 year. After the year, residency must be provided again.
- Face coverings are required while you are in the building. Although wearing a mask while you are walking on the track is highly recommended, since it is physical activity, you have the option.
- The track will be for walking only. The middle lane is currently closed. Participants are to stay six feet apart unless you are in the same household.
- Lockers will not be available for use but the coat rack will be available.
- No gathering in groups in the building.
A variety of Summer programs are now or will soon be available! https://secure.rec1.com/…/mokena-community-park-dis…/catalog
Summer Special Events – “Drive-In” Movie events will start in mid-July; registration open now. https://secure.rec1.com/…/mokena-community-park-dis…/catalog
We have great news! We will be opening the Splash Pad on Thursday, July 9th! There will be changes, including an opportunity to guarantee your spot through a reservation.
More information to come! Parties can be booked starting on Tuesday, July 7th.
Re-opening the Oaks
June 23, 2020
The time is finally here! In accordance with the Governor’s Restore Illinois Plan, we are opening on Monday, June 29th at 5am! In person Group Exercise Classes will start on Monday, July 6.
What we have done to keep you safe:
- HVAC units were cleaned and sanitized. An air purification system with disinfecting UV light was installed on the HVAC units.
- The entire building was deep cleaned by a professional service.
- Plexiglass shields were installed at the front desk and the fitness desk.
- The fitness floor was re-arranged to allow for more space between equipment and we have added additional “Sanitation Stations” in the fitness center for member use.
What will be different:
- Facility hours will be: Monday-Friday 5am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. We will be closed on Saturday, July 4. These hours may be adjusted based on attendance.
- All members must scan their card at the front desk, even to check in for group exercise classes. If you do not have a card, please see the front desk.
- The Acorn room (child care) will not be available at this time.
- Drinking fountains will be bottle fill only.
- Masks must be worn, except when you are doing physical activity (i.e. during class check in, entering/exiting the facility, etc)
- We ask that you do not congregate in groups within the facility. Please remain 6 feet apart.
- Open gym and walking track will be limited to members only.
- The walking track will have the middle lane closed. It will be for walking only and masks are highly encouraged. Walkers must stay 6 feet apart on the track unless you are walking with members of your immediate household.
- We ask that members continue to be courteous of others and spread out as much as possible while using equipment.
- Although locker rooms will be open, members are encouraged to limit its use. Showers will be cleaned regularly.
We are committed to offering a safe workout facility and providing the best customer service.
Please keep in mind that guidelines may change as the situation evolves, and we will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate the parameters that have been put into place from the Governor’s Office, Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. We are ready to welcome you back!
Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Rachel Bauer, Recreation Facility Manager