June 23, 2020
The time is finally here! In accordance with the Governor’s Restore Illinois Plan, we are opening on Monday, June 29th at 5am! In person Group Exercise Classes will start on Monday, July 6.
What we have done to keep you safe:
- HVAC units were cleaned and sanitized. An air purification system with disinfecting UV light was installed on the HVAC units.
- The entire building was deep cleaned by a professional service.
- Plexiglass shields were installed at the front desk and the fitness desk.
- The fitness floor was re-arranged to allow for more space between equipment and we have added additional “Sanitation Stations” in the fitness center for member use.
What will be different:
- Facility hours will be: Monday-Friday 5am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. We will be closed on Saturday, July 4. These hours may be adjusted based on attendance.
- All members must scan their card at the front desk, even to check in for group exercise classes. If you do not have a card, please see the front desk.
- The Acorn room (child care) will not be available at this time.
- Drinking fountains will be bottle fill only.
- Masks must be worn, except when you are doing physical activity (i.e. during class check in, entering/exiting the facility, etc)
- We ask that you do not congregate in groups within the facility. Please remain 6 feet apart.
- Open gym and walking track will be limited to members only.
- The walking track will have the middle lane closed. It will be for walking only and masks are highly encouraged. Walkers must stay 6 feet apart on the track unless you are walking with members of your immediate household.
- We ask that members continue to be courteous of others and spread out as much as possible while using equipment.
- Although locker rooms will be open, members are encouraged to limit its use. Showers will be cleaned regularly.
We are committed to offering a safe workout facility and providing the best customer service.
Please keep in mind that guidelines may change as the situation evolves, and we will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate the parameters that have been put into place from the Governor’s Office, Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. We are ready to welcome you back!
Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Rachel Bauer, Recreation Facility Manager