The Mokena Community Park Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable foundation. Its mission is to raise funds to provide:
- Scholarships for Park District or Community Affiliate organizations to underprivileged children of the community.
- Capital projects
- Landscape and beautification projects
- Scholarships for local residents attending an accredited college or university to obtain a degree in the Parks and Recreation field
Foundation Board of Directors:
- President: Dennis Buxbaum
- Vice-President: Jeff Apel
- Secretary: Dawn Morsovillo
- Treasurer: Patti Parli
- Board Member: Julie Oost
- Ex-officio Member: Greg Vitale
If you would like to contact us, please email MCPDFinfo@gmail.com
Financial Aid for Park District Programming
The Foundation offers full or partial assistance for needy families to participate in other Park District programming. (Tuition-based and membership-based programs excluded)
Applicants must reside within the boundaries of the Mokena Community Park District. Download the application here.
The Foundation also offers scholarships for residents of the Mokena Community Park District attending an accredited college or university to obtain a degree in the Parks and Recreation field. Download the Foundation Scholarship Application here.